Monday, September 7, 2009

Wheels

.
As I  previously  menioned, MGAs were offered with a couple of different wheels:

-1500/1600 came with either a steel disc rims using lug nuts or wire wheels using knock offs
 (with only a slight change on the 1600 steel disc rims to allow for the front brake calipers)

-Twin Cam came with unique steel disc rims that require knock offs

Wire wheels 15" x 4" had 48 spokes and were painted gray
Optional 60 spoke wire wheels  were available

My original steel disc rims are in poor shape, all 4 have wobbles in them. Standard rims are not available new and used ones are probably no better than mine. It seems my only choice is to go with alloy wheels. Actually I like the idea, strong, light weight and well balanced. With "vintage spirit" in mind, I purchased Minilite replicas. Minilites were used on the racing circuit back in the day, and they look right at home on a MGA.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment