Sunday, June 24, 2012

Completed Interior

The interior was an exercise in patience.
I was surprised at the work needed to complete all the trim work, and the carpet was a whole other adventure. Everything needed "tweaking", even the trim panels need to be shortened in a couple of spots. For all the work I did to custom fit all the "pre-cut" panels , I believe I would have been farther ahead if I just bought raw materials and cut everything myself....hmmm. Any way it's done and I'm happy with it. I particularly like the carpet, it's wool and very plush. The  brown colour with the tan trim is quite inviting and this colour should hide dirt reasonably well.





I was also surprised at the small amount of room for the seats, you really strap this car on.


I gave up on the trim rail that I purchased for the dash (seen in previous post), it was to wide and did not have the correct angles where the door trim meets it. I cut one from 3/4" oak, the fit is more accurate.




3 comments:

  1. Looks great, nice work.

    Please include some overall pics of the complete car in subsequent posts.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job you did! And, thanks for the great tour and all the hints. I am a newby as I just purchased a 1956 MGA that I should receive in about a week. Your restoration experiance will definitely help with my upcoming project. May I ask you, wouldn't you mind to share where you sourced certain pieces like the lether seat covers and where you sent parts for specific rework like the tachometer for calibration?
    Thanks again for your great inside.
    Best regards,
    Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the interior trim (leather and carpet)from John Skinner (England), I wanted ALL leather (the only vinyl is the side curtain bag) As for the calibration of the various gauges I would check the archives at the various British Car Sites like "MG Cars Enthusiasts' Club" or " The MG Experience" Lots of knowledge to sift through.
      Good Luck

      Delete